US Federal law has made it mandatory for all property owners and rent payers to get a get into a legal contract prior to the latter's entry into the dwelling place. Landlord Tenant Act demarcates Landlord Responsibility and Tenant Responsibility to avoid confusion.
Landlord Responsibility: What is the right time
Every Lessor is liable to follow the norms set by the Federal law. A Lessor needs to shoulder a few Landlord Responsibility as soon as he has signed the rental agreement with the rent payer. But this is not all as they are also responsible for ongoing maintenance of the dwelling place from time to time.
Aim of Landlord Responsibility
Meeting Landlord Responsibility aims to fulfill the following purposes:
- Ensure that the rented space is liveable;
- Make sure that the essential devices and appliances needed are operating fine;
- Immediate repairing of faults that may lead to accidents;
- Strict obeying of state laws and acts to avoid legal hazards;
- Should not deny rental to any person due to caste, creed, religion and sex biasness.
Other important Landlord Responsibility
Landlord Responsibility also means performing the following activities:
- Going on regular vigilance to the rental unit;
- On time collection of rent amount from the rent payer;
- Notifying the dweller about property visit 48 hours before the event;
- Issue Landlord Letter in the name of the tenant to propose certain alterations in the basic terms and conditions;
- Understanding the difficulties faced by the dwellers in staying (if any) and help them to overcome the same.